Thursday, February 6, 2020

WOW

One of the items that I purchased at my recent trip to the Big e Train show in Springfield , Mass was a Train Control Systems (TCS) WOW Sound Kit for a recently purchased Canadian National 0-8-0 (Proto 2000 HO Scale). This kit comes complete with a Motherboard (P2K-MB1), Steam Decoder (WOW 121), and a speaker kit (UNIV-SH3-C). I followed the excellent installations instructions on the TCS website pretty much to a tee, and as a result, the installation was a snap.
.https://tcsdcc.com/installation/ho-scale/1522
 And the sound - you really have to believe it - its amazing, as well as TCS' excellent motor control complete with built in keep alive (no more stalling on dirty track or unpowered frogs). The only thing remaining , is to fine tune the bell and whistle sections ( dozens of choices each - simply by changing a CV.  I had 2 of these Proto 2000 Canadian National 0-8-0's back when they were first released by Hobby Craft Canada in the summer of 2000. I had them for about 10-11 years and then sold them off when I converted over to On30. Since I have started acquiring HO scale items again in the last couple of years, I always kinda regretted getting rid of these, so I went and was able to purchase one from a fellow member of our On30 group ( thanks Gary!!) With this models excellent running qualities, its hard to believe these models are now 20 years old!!!. With the addition of the WOW Sound kit, this model is first class all the way!!! Till next time.

Tender with TCS Keep Alive Motherboard and WOW Steam 121 decoder installed. I used a min plug (purple wires) for speaker installation








No comments: