Thursday, February 13, 2020

W2DCC Services

Hi All: Lately I had been thinking a lot about offering a decoder Installation and Programming service for local area modelers. I decided to take the plunge and see what happens. The idea is to offer a service that will do installations and programming for HO and N Scale decoder installations. I will be offering both sound and non sound installations for HO scale and non sound ( board replacement only ) installations for N scale. I have almost completed a pricing matrix  and of course there will be limitations on the services that I offer i.e will not be accepting old poorly running DC locomotives or locomotives that would need repair, etc. The service will be called W2DCC Services and I can be contacted at w2dccservices@mail.com  
To that end, I have been busy transforming my small workshop , adding a dedicated DCC work area with test tracks and work surface. A small netbook computer that I acquired a couple years back is being used exclusively for JMRI decoder pro and is able to run the software just fine. This is used with a Digitrax PR3 ( coupled to a DCC Specialties PowerPax) in stand alone mode connected to both a HO and N scale test track. At the recent Big e show that I attended last month in Springfield Mass, I acquired a ESU decoder tester, and the plan is to also acquire the ESU LOC Programmer as well. In order to facilitate testing in the future, I also plan to add a small panel below the test tracks that will allow me to switch (via a rotatory switch) from DC, DCC, Programming, and LOK Programmer. Here a couple of pictures of the new DCC work area. Till next time...

DCC work area

DCC work area 2

No comments: