Monday, January 13, 2020

On30 Work Car

Hi Folks: I have started working on an On30 work/tool car kit that was picked up for me by a friend of mine when he was at the Big E show in West Springfield , Mass show a couple of years back. The kit is made by Banta Model Works https://www.bantamodelworks.com/T-2136.html . It looks to be  a relatively simple kit that simply fits on to a standard sized Bachmann On30 flatcar. As well I am going to use this build as an opportunity to try out my collection of Pan Pastels instead of using paint to color the shed. In preparation for that , I re-watched a Video that I obtained from Stoney Creek Designs several years ago on the in's and out's of using Pan Pastels. There sure sounds like alot of pros to using Pan Pastels. So far I have stained the floor ( India ink and alcohol) and built the main structure of the attached shed. I used Pan Pastels -Neutral Grey for the walls of the shed after I first applied a coat of Testors Black enamel wash (from their CreateFx line) to all parts of the shed ( with the exception of the laser cut floor).

On another note, I will be attending this years Big E Show in West Springfield, Mass. http://www.railroadhobbyshow.com/
Many members of my group have attended several times in past years, but that will be my first and I am really looking forward to it! It is one of the biggest annual MR shows in the US!!Expect a full report on this blog when I return. On that note, time to finalize my shopping list. Till next time...







Shed Walls Colored with Pan Pastels






No comments: