Sunday, April 11, 2021

Another new Loco

 Hi folks - well we have had some enjoyable sunny warm spring days as of late - nice to see winter behind us. Recently I purchased (from Georges Trains in Toronto). a new Rapido M420 locomotive. The prototype was a Canadian made locomotive and saw service on Canadian National here in Canada up until approx 1993. In fact I remember seeing a few here in my area of Canada. Some examples went to the US ( and Mexico I believe) in very small numbers. This loco has never before been done in plastic and it was great to see Rapido come through and meet the demand to produce this locomotive. I had not pre-ordered, but after the model came out and I saw some on the internet, I decided "why not". I selected an ESU sound equipped version and I must say it is very impressive ( this is my first Rapido locomotive) and it runs very nicely. Besides the great sound, it features working class lights and truck lights as well as a lighted control stand in the cab interior ( can you get any better????). Any way , I very much like it and am glad to have picked up this iconic Canadian Locomotive. Till next time....






No comments: