Friday, March 19, 2021

Freight Car Friday

 Hi folks. Well I thought winter was finished with us here in Nova Scotia for this year. The ground was bare and we have had a couple of days where it was pleasant enough to go for a walk with a lightweight spring jacket - NOT!!. Overnight / today we had approx 20 cm of snow here in my area of the province. On the bright side the temperatures are suppose to go up significantly in the next several days along with rain , so I suspect this snow will not be here for very long. Bring on spring!!. Todays Freight Car Friday spotlights 2 Kadee hopper cars. These cars where bought shortly before I switched over to On30 scale approx 10 years ago. As such , they were never used and are essentially like new. They remained as part of my small HO scale freight car collection when I sold off the vast majority of my HO equipment. I am glad I held onto them. I must admit even with the plethora of new manufacturers high quality RTR cars, these Kadee cars are still very high quality and impressive. The hatches even open on these ones (as shown in the pictures). I plan on picking up a few more in the future. Happy Friday everyone.....






No comments: