Thursday, February 18, 2021

SRY #151

  A couple of years ago when I decided to get back into HO scale, I was browsing on Credit Valley Rail website The Credit Valley Railway Company Ltd (cvrco.ca)   ,   I came across this Atlas MP15DC locomotive and noticed it was ESU sound equipped, it was from a Canadian Road (Southern Railroad of British Columbia), and most importantly it was on Sale. It was on a bit of an impulse buy, but at the time I didnt have any experience with ESU sound decoders (which i wanted to get), and I thought that because I was getting such a good deal on it that worse case scenario that I could sell it in the future and get my money back. I say this as even at the time, I knew that a release for a Road Name for a small Canadian Short Line such as this would be hard to acquire in a few years time once they were all sold out - this seems to be the case with what I have been seeing on Ebay and the like lately - Locomotives that were released years ago are going for prices above what they sold for new! As an ESU equipped Atlas, it runs exceptionally well and I have fine tuned the programming to make it even better. The only modification I made was to swap out the plastic couplers for Kadee Scale Head couplers. The model mainly sits in my display cabinet and I take it out a couple of times a year to give it a run. I like it very much and have decide I am going to hang on to it for now...you never know where my modeling direction will take me in the future. Till next time....





No comments: