Tuesday, October 27, 2020

I am Back

 Well folks - its been several months since my last post. It was a great summer and early fall here in the part of Canada that I live in and that is the main reason why my modeling was put on a hiatus. You know you have been away too long when even your wife says " You should start doing some modeling again" . Also with the pandemic still going strong across the world ( second wave kicking in), there has been no train shows to get me kick started - So that being said, I thought that in order to easy into it, I would put together a freight car kit from my collection of unbuilt kits. I acquired several Proto 2000 PS2 4427 High Sided Covered Hopper kits several years back. I built a couple in the past when they were first available ( probably approx 20 years ago), so I would expect that once I start, I should be reacquainted with the process relatively quickly. The first one I am going to build is a British Columbia Railways (BCOL) version - I picked this one, as I remember it being one of the ones that I built previously (and later sold off).  It is the full kit version and will take more time. Proto 2000 actually came out with three versions of this - 1) full kit version 2). Time Saver version - still a kit, but some of the subassemblies already assembled and 3) Ready to run version. I have all three (albeit only one of the Ready to Run Versions). From my pervious experience with these cars, I remember the finished kit being pretty nice and like most Proto 2000 freight cars, having a level of detail that holds up well still in comparison to todays Ready to Run freight cars.  Till next time, here are so some pictures of my collection - 


BCOL  kit prior to assembly

Ready to Run Version

Collection of 4427 PS 2 Hopper kits


No comments: