Saturday, October 31, 2020

BC Rail Hopper

 Well folks I was able to finish the Proto 2000 BC Rail hopper mentioned in the last post. It took me a total of approx 5-6 hours total time and I must say that I enjoyed building the kit. Good to get "back in the groove" I built the kit as per the instructions and once it was completed, I gave the car a lite coat of Dullcoat to dull the finish as well as to hide any small glue marks (nothing worse than seeing a nice kit carelessly assembled and seeing finger prints in dryed glue marks - aka the "glue bomb"!!! The only change I made was to substitute Kadee #148's in place of the plastic Proto 2000 couplers. I always use Kadee couplers when I can. I am going to try assembling one of the "Time Saver" versions of this kit and see what the time difference will be. On the box cover it states "Complete in one hour or less" - We shall see! I will report back once done. Here are some pictures of the completed BC Rail version. Till next time...


Southern Railway of British Columbia MP15DC #151 moving the BC Rail Hopper

BCOL PS2 Hopper #2317


No comments: