Thursday, January 8, 2015

Building has commenced

Hi Folks. Today I attached the Rubbermaid track shelf system ( that I purchased at my local Home Depot) to the walls of the room as my first step in construction. It was a relatively simple process, with attention being paid to ensuring the uprights were as level (both horizontally and vertically) as possible. I have determined that my rail height will be 51 inches from the floor. This was necessary due to the light switch that will be at one end of the layout, that I must maintain access to. I kept one of my On30 cars and a piece of flex track close by, so that as I put each new piece of slot track up, I could check to ensure that it was as level as possible and that a car didn't coast by itself - this was my indicator to check on my accuracy. So far so good. Next step will be to build the frame.....till next time.

No comments: