Sunday, March 7, 2010

Workin on the Railroad




Hi Folks:
Progress has been slow, but sure this last month. The new rock wall is basically completed and also I have added detailing on one side of the locomotive shop.Also some small structures are beening build for a site near the existing feed mill. The idea I have for this area is a small house with a decrepit garage/small business. The two buildings are American Model builders laser cut cuts which I am currently working on. I have also attended two Op sessions on Doug's White River Southern. The Nottingham sub has leased 2 MEC GP-38's as the WRS had a recent motive power shortage. This worked out well for all parties involved, as the two 38's have been stagnant lately and were in need of a good run. I will try to complete the small scene mentioned above and have pics for my next post. In the mean time have a look at the two areas that I have been working on lately. Till next time....

2 comments:

Doug Whitman said...

Wayne

Nice report. Glad you are getting time to work on the layout and adding detail to the scences.

Also thanks for the lease of the MEC GP-38s and caboose, they look nice on the layout.

Doug

davemc said...

Your new rock work looks great, as does the work going on at the roundhouse. Keep up the good work, summer is coming and we have to put the push on this time of year.