Sunday, October 21, 2007

Model Railroad Season

Hi Folks;
I love this time of year - the weather here in Nova Scotia is often great and scenary is beautiful. I have a view out my window as I type this post of all the great foilage colors that this time of year brings. I guess that is one reason I have decided to model the Maine Central at this time of year. I like the varity of color. Speaking of Fall, some friends and I made the annual trip to what I feel is always the best Train Show of the season - the annual Truro Show. I manuaged to aquire a few things and all within a reasonable cost. It was great to see all the "regulars" and talk about the latest happenings. In particular, I spoke with Scott Jay of Bayside and Tidewater fame about the possiability of joining the UMG modular group - sure sounds like something that I would be intrested in! Progress is still ongoing on the layout - albeit no long marathon modeling seesions, just slow regular progress. I have recently finished the main scenary ( details still needed) on a acouple of tunnel areas . Check out the pics of a local freight (led by Alco Switcher 961) as it emerges from one of the new tunnel areas. The other pic is of freight led by GP-38 #258. I am currently working on the coal mine area and plan on posting a few pics when I have that area further along. Till next time.

4 comments:

Chris Lyon said...

Hi Wayne. I was really happy to see this blog. The railway is very nice and I especially like your treatment of fall colours. There are quite a few modelers here in Ottawa who model the east and I am definitely going to forward this blog to them.

Scott Jay said...

Yes, it certainly is "Model Railroading Season"!

The layout is looking great Wayne! One of these days I will get to Halifax to see it in person. Keep up the great work!

There will be a UMG invitation in the mail today.

Mike Hamer said...

Hi Wayne,

Chris Lyon referred your weblog my way. You've got a magnificent model railroad on the go down there in Nova Scotia. I model the Maine Central and its interchange with the B&M. It certainly is one of the more colourful railroads. My good friend, Marty Phillips models the MEC in later years. He now lives on Vancouver Island.

I'll have to look you up next time I visit family in Wolfville!

Cheers,
Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario

Wayne Woodland said...

Thanks Mike. I am very familiar with your layout through the pages of MR magazine and their annual GMR as well. You have a fantastic layout and I would be delighted to visit it some day as well. Wolfville sure isnt far away - if your ever in the area, feel free to contact me and I can make some arrangements to see my layout and a couple of others in the Hfx area - whatever you have time for. Cheers.

Wayne