Monday, May 31, 2021

Model Railroad Organizations

 

Hi folks - due to the recent weather here in the Maritimes of Canada, my model railroading season has been extended. Although we have had a couple of nice days, it seems like rainy cool days have been more the norm this spring so far. My modeling is continuing and it seems like there has been just enough decent weather to get most of my outside jobs done so far - so yes a happy balance. Recently I decided to join the NMRA National Model Railroad Association (nmra.org)   As of 1 May 2021 , I am officially a member. I have always known about the NMRA, even when I was a young modeler in the late 70's early 80's. Back then I was a member of the TAMR - teen association of model railroading and wrote an article on my  layout for the Canadian Division  newsletter (The Intercolonial) that was published - I still have a copy of the old black and white newsletter. I found it on the archives of the TAMR website as well:
8103.pdf (teenrailmodel.org)
 I have been a member of the MFMR Maritime Federation of Model Railroaders (mfmr.ca)  since around 1998 when I got back into the hobby. When I joined that organization, the NMRA was inactive in this region of Canada, so joining the NMRA then was not something I considered. That being said, the region has been "reactivated" approx 3-4 years ago and having recently become curious about it, I decided why not. Eastern Canada Division – NMRA ~ NER (wordpress.com) I attended my first on line meeting this past week - it was the annual general meeting and I must say I was impressed with what  saw ( and heard). I am looking forward to becoming an active member and have already volunteered to do a product review for the newsletter. Stay tuned for an update on my layout work -big project! Till next time...



No comments: