Tuesday, December 13, 2011


Hi Folks: As always its been awhile since I have posted, but that not to say I haven't been starting to do a bit of modeling since the late fall /early days of winter are upon us. We had the annual Dartmouth show on the first weekend of Dec and I managed to sell off a significant amount of HO scale stuff and manged to get out of the building with only a few new On30 purchases (couple of freight cars). That being said, I now have some more funds to devote to On30 and will probably use a portion of it purchase another O scale craftsman structure. As usual I was rushing to finish a couple of small builds for the Dartmouth show to add to our modules. I completed a rowboat as well as a outhouse to help detail an area of the modules that Doug and I thought looked kinda bare. Its amazing what a few small structures and detail parts/figures can do to add depth to a scene. Attached is a pic that shows the area that Doug and I have been working on. As well , I built the tie stack out of strip wood. A simple but worthwhile project....till next time.

3 comments:

Doug Whitman said...

Yes, Wayne adding a few "details" changes the scene. Need a few more people and a rabbit. I hope to have more work on the shed finished for Shearwater.

The rowboat turned out nice.

Doug

Chris Lyon said...

Looks great. I like details and doodads. They really make the scene. great seeing you at FSME.

Steve Mc said...

Thanks for the update, Wayne!