Saturday, January 31, 2009

About Time



Hi Folks;

Well I have totally put off doing a post as long as humanly possible.Now that the Holidays are past and I have had a few weeks to actually do something on the layout, I can give you all an update. For the last couple of weeks, I have been working on a small industrial area just past the mouth of the yard. It has two industries - A Sherwin Williams paint factory and a flour mill.
I have added a paved parking lot, added a new structure and ballast the track and added ground foam in the area. I am anxiously awaiting the release of the new Atlas HH660 - according to the Atlas site, it will be shipping in the next week or so. My hobby shop has also told me that the new Intermoutain U-18B's are now available ( non -sound versions) and the sound versions will ship in March - I have two on order, and ordered them when the were first announced approx 4- 5 years ago. Long overdue, but sure will be nice to get them. I'm off to an operating session tomorrow on Doug's White River Southern - looking forward to it. Have a look at this posts picture to see the industrial area I have been working on. Till next time....

3 comments:

Doug Whitman said...

Wayne
Thanks for the update, hope the next one does not take three months :-)

Hope you survived working with me today.

later

Doug

Scott Jay said...

Survive working with Doug!!?? Is that possible?

Great pics Wayne! The layout is really shaping up. Are you operating it yet? I have to stop in for a visit the next time I am in Halifax.

Scott

Wayne Woodland said...

No problem Scott - you can stop in anytime - hell Doug might even let us operate together on his layout.He and I discussed the demerit point system today (pheewww I am glad its not in use around here - I would be the one going for the coffee all the time!!!)

Wayne