Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Visit to the BS&T




Hi All;
I had the pleasure -cough cough (just kidding Scott!!) this past weekend of operating on Scott's BS&T (see my links). I have known Scott for several years now, but this was the first visit to Scott's place in a couple of years, and since my last one, Scott has totally changed his layout - i.e his old one is gone, the room is greatly expanded, and progress on the BS&T is very well along. Scott teamed me up with Tom - a fairly new member of Scott's crew, and despite me not having seen the layout before, I must admit we did a decent job - and we had an enjoyable 1.5 to 2 hours of operating time. Scott also had another visitor on this evening whom I recognized from the Friday Night Group' s (Ottawa area) blog - Stan Conley. Stan was vacationing in the area. http://fridaynightgroup.blogspot.com/

It was nice to talk to Stan and all in all I had a very enjoyable evening at Scott's place. Have a peek at this posts photos. One is of Derwin and Stan teamed up for operations and the other is of Scott ( he's the guy with the all-knowing grin), Greg, and Tom apparently discussing some complex switching maneuver. Thanks again Scott - it was great. Till next time....

2 comments:

Doug Whitman said...

Wayne

Glad you had a great time. Things are better if you do have someone to team up with you are visiting a new layout.

And I see you got Derwin's better side :-)

later

Doug

Chris Lyon said...

Hi Doug. Just got back from Pennsylvania. Glad you had a chance to meet Stan. He is an amazing model builder and fun to operate with. Looks like you had a great operating session. Lela and I will have to get out your way next year so we can have fun and maybe do golf.