Saturday, June 14, 2008

Another Layout Visit


I had the opportunity to revisit a layout in the local area that I had visited several years ago. Pierre called me last weekend and asked if I would be interested in having a visit and also with the opportunity to do some operating on his and others layouts - they have several in their group that hold round robin operating sessions. I had to admit to Pierre that I am more of a modeler than an operator, but Pierre encouraged me to give it a try. I must admit I had a great time Monday night. I was put under the watchful eye of one of the regular operators - this took alot of the pressure off for me - Thanks Doug W. I had a great time and am looking forward to getting to know the group better and to do some more operating in the future - Thanks guys.Till next time...

4 comments:

Doug Whitman said...

Wayne

We will make an operator out of you. Glad you had a good time.

Doug W.

Scott Jay said...

You didn't say which layout the photo is from, but it looks like Pierre's. Hopefully you'll get lots of operating experience under your belt by the time you get over to the Island in August.

Building a layout is only part of the fun of model railroading. Having a bunch of friends operate it in some semblance of prototypical fashion, and the camaraderie that comes along with it, is another source of enjoyment for me.

Scott

Wayne Woodland said...

Yes Scott - its Pierre's layout. I dont know about "lots of experience" maybe just enough to be dangerous (or laughable!!). Take your pick...

Scott Jay said...

Well, we laugh at Derwin all the time. He might enjoy having you around to take some of the heat off of him! Hmmm... come to think of it, no one is immune from being picked on. We all get our fair share, I think.

Scott