Monday, December 3, 2007

Mine over Matter


Well -mine agony is finally over. I have found suitable scenery material to use for my mine landscaping and am fairly please with the results. For the ground cover, I used a product called Highball Products "Real Dirt". The ballast for the tracks is another HighBall product - HO scale Cinder ballast. Woodland Scenics provided the coal for the pile and the spillage around the chutes. The mine itself is the common Walthers New River Mine Kit. I weathered it with Bragdon weathering powders and finished it off by airbrushing it with a light coat of thinnned Pollyscale Earth. More details are to be added, but I wanted to get this post done, so you all didn't think that the mine had gotten the better of me. Till next time cheers.

4 comments:

Brian Chappell said...

Wayne,
I just finished reading some on your blog spot. I like the mine it's not very often you see the kit built as it was intended. I kit bashed my own. You have some nice work there. Scott gave me your blogger site the other night when he was over helping me with some computer troubles I was having( self inflected of course). Any way nice blog.
Brian Chappell.
( theneverdonerailway.blogspot.com)

Scott Jay said...

Wow! Very nice Wayne!

It was a bad pun though.

Scott

Steve Mc said...

Hi Wayne:

I think your scenes look great--the mine would certainly generate lots of traffic. Thanks for your comments on my site.

Steve McMullin
www.carletonrailway.blogspot.com

Mike Sherbak said...

Nice Work Wayne !